Latest Public Release (Ver 3.0) (Compatibility: Rpi Zero & Rpi1,2,3)
Current Donation Release (Ver.4.1) (Compatibility: Rpi2,3,4)

Under Development (Ver 5.0)

If you want to support the project and download donation releases , Feel free to donate any amount! (minimum 10€)

Donators Rank Level
ImageMovieNow Ver 5.0! - [Under Development]
ImageMovieNow Ver 4.1 - Donation Release Available!
Image All the orders for "Digital Poster Ready Packet" delay because the COVID-19! please be patience.
Image If you don't receive the activation Email, Please Check your Spam folder!

Kodi not showing posters

Installation guide and Issues
RSHINE
Donator Rank ***
Donator Rank ***

Re: Kodi not showing posters

Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:56 pm

Here is what I have tried.

Updated my library to use movie.nfo instead of the <moviename>.nfo. Ensure NFO is enabled in settings for Movienow.
Re scraped in Kodi using local information. Play movie then stop movie. Previously played Movie Poster stays on screen with coming soon. Does not switch.

Setup on my laptop scraped 2 movies from same NFS share. Disable NFO in Movienow settings. Same results as above, poster stays the same when stopped and Coming Soon banner shows.

I must have something to do with NFS shares perhaps?

I'll see if I can try with a SMB share.
0raid
Site Admin

Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:00 pm

RSHINE wrote:

Updated my library to use movie.nfo instead of the <moviename>.nfo. Ensure NFO is enabled in settings for Movienow.
Re scraped in Kodi using local information. Play movie then stop movie. Previously played Movie Poster stays on screen with coming soon. Does not switch.

Setup on my laptop scraped 2 movies from same NFS share. Disable NFO in Movienow settings. Same results as above, poster stays the same when stopped and Coming Soon banner shows.

how did you setup your laptop scraped 2 movies from same NFS? , did you delete the NFO and posters from this 2 movie folders? you need to delete poster , fan art and NFO from movie folder , and then scan this
with kodi , KODI ignore the Local and use the embed internal plugin to scraped your movies......then in movienow disable NFO , clear cache and refresh poster view...........try this and report back if its working!
RSHINE
Donator Rank ***
Donator Rank ***

Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:18 pm

0raid wrote:
RSHINE wrote:

how did you setup your laptop scraped 2 movies from same NFS? , did you delete the NFO and posters from this 2 movie folders? you need to delete poster , fan art and NFO from movie folder , and then scan this
with kodi , KODI ignore the Local and use the embed internal plugin to scraped your movies......then in movienow disable NFO , clear cache and refresh poster view...........try this and report back if its working!
Okay so I removed all the jpg files, nfo file from first 2 movies in my library. Only scanned those two with Kodi from the NFS share, selected The Movie Database for content. Cleared Cache, refreshed, even rebooted.
First movie poster shows up with Coming Soon. Does not move to next movie.
0raid
Site Admin

Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:22 pm

RSHINE wrote:
0raid wrote:
RSHINE wrote:

Okay so I removed all the jpg files, nfo file from first 2 movies in my library. Only scanned those two with Kodi from the NFS share, selected The Movie Database for content. Cleared Cache, refreshed, even rebooted.
coming soon get random posters from your movie library........that means.....lets say that you have 2 movies......1)batman , 2)terminator , so movienow generate a random number between 1 and 2 , so its very possible to get
the same poster 2 times in a row.........so try this...dont wait and hit the refresh from web interface again and again....you will see the other movie poster......
RSHINE
Donator Rank ***
Donator Rank ***

Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:26 pm

0raid wrote:
RSHINE wrote:
0raid wrote:

coming soon get random posters from your movie library........that means.....lets say that you have 2 movies......1)batman , 2)terminator , so movienow generate a random number between 1 and 2 , so its very possible to get
the same poster 2 times in a row.........so try this...dont wait and hit the refresh from web interface again and again....you will see the other movie poster......
When I do that only the first poster shows up, I never shows the 2nd one. I refreshed till it was blank. And then shortly after the first poster popped back up. I'm going to add a few more movies.
RSHINE
Donator Rank ***
Donator Rank ***

Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:27 pm

0raid wrote:
RSHINE wrote:
0raid wrote:

So I just added 3 more movies now it's transitioning, and the ones I added I didn't delete any of the jpg files or nfo from.
RSHINE
Donator Rank ***
Donator Rank ***

Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:53 pm

So if I remove all the scanned movies and do the same adding oy this time using just local information and NFO in Movienow settings it works. :?
0raid
Site Admin

Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:14 pm

it seems that something in your kodi library its messed up

i suggest , clear all the cache in movienow , and refresh the poster......

also dont forget! you cant mix library with movies with NFO and movies without............
RSHINE
Donator Rank ***
Donator Rank ***

Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:28 pm

0raid wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:14 pm
it seems that something in your kodi library its messed up

i suggest , clear all the cache in movienow , and refresh the poster......

also dont forget! you cant mix library with movies with NFO and movies without............
Yeah I know I can only use both. I've cleared all the cache right out of the folder using filezilla. Refresh over and over and it's just blank screen.

I'll manually check my folders and see what is happening. It's showing all movies in TMM have an nfo and all are named movie.nfo with nothing else. I'll dig more and see what I can find.

Thanks for the help.
gkron
Donator Rank *
Donator Rank *

Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:08 pm

I created new kodi install added 6 movies and scanned with kodi and it works. Each movie in its own folder and just the movie file no other files. So now what should I try with the nfo's?

Return to “General Support”