Latest Public Release (Ver 3.0) (Compatibility: Rpi Zero & Rpi1,2,3)
Current Donation Release (Ver.4.1) (Compatibility: Rpi2,3,4)

Under Development (Ver 5.0)

If you want to support the project and download donation releases , Feel free to donate any amount! (minimum 10€)

Donators Rank Level
ImageMovieNow Ver 5.0! - [Under Development]
ImageMovieNow Ver 4.1 - Donation Release Available!
Image All the orders for "Digital Poster Ready Packet" delay because the COVID-19! please be patience.
Image If you don't receive the activation Email, Please Check your Spam folder!

Installation Guide (MovieNow Ver 1 & 2 & 2.5)

Installation guide and Issues
0raid
Site Admin

Installation Guide (MovieNow Ver 1 & 2 & 2.5)

Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:07 am

1) Download Movienow!
2) Decompress it
3) Flash the image onto your SD card. (Try "Etcher" app , it's delightfully easy to use, cross platform, and will verify the result automatically)
4) Insert the SD card to your Pi and power it up
5) For the Setup you need keyboard and mouse.
6) You need to setup the network , if you connected with LAN just plug the ethernet cable , if you want to use WIFI please follow the next steps 7-8
7) After the boot process , you will see a black window show nothing , press Ctrl + Alt + F2 (the raspi-config window is open)
8) Choose Network Options > Wi- Fi > and enter your SSID , and your wifi password
9) Identify the IP address of your raspberry pi (example 192.168.1.100) your can run the app FING in your android/ios mobile to find all the devices in your network
10) Now you must connect with SFTP (use FileZilla) to your raspberry pi (example 192.168.1.100) * Username: pi , Password: movienow
11) Find under /var/www/html/ folder the file config.js and change your KODI URL and port (Default port is 9090)
12) Open the browser in your Desktop/Laptop and go the url of your pi (example 192.168.1.100/settings/) and select System and the reboot button
13) If everything goes well your posters must start showing in your screen! / now you can disconnect the keyboard/mouse
Dave the Minion

Re: Installation Guide (MovieNow Ver 1 & 2 & 2.5)

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:20 pm

i had to use version 2.5 because i don't see versions 3.1 anywhere. i followed the set-up instructions but it doesn't show any kodi posters just a black screen. i can control my kodi with web remote so i know its working to allow access. any idea what might be wrong?
0raid
Site Admin

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:25 pm

Dave the Minion wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:20 pm
i had to use version 2.5 because i don't see versions 3.1 anywhere. i followed the set-up instructions but it doesn't show any kodi posters just a black screen. i can control my kodi with web remote so i know its working to allow access. any idea what might be wrong?
Hello , the version 3.1 is not released yet , but the version 3.0 is available private (only for people who make donations) - this version 3.0 of course will be also available for public and FREE (14 Feb)

can you post your config.js settings ?
Dave the Minion

Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:34 pm

i changed the ip to match my kodi ip 192.168.0.144 and leave the port 9090 in the config file. i made mistake before and didnt remove some of the old ip. now when it reboots the screen changes and i see the banners but i dont see any posters from kodi. if i play a movie the top says now playing but still no posters. in my kodi i have all posters saved local which takes lots of work. does this app want to scrape posters from themoviedb? i dont let kodi do that. customer posters show up when i change to them but they just jump between posters no nice transition like i thought the instructions said? gets a little confusing trying to find out what things work in different versions sometimes reading the instructions.
0raid
Site Admin

Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:26 pm

Dave the Minion wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:34 pm
i changed the ip to match my kodi ip 192.168.0.144 and leave the port 9090 in the config file. i made mistake before and didnt remove some of the old ip. now when it reboots the screen changes and i see the banners but i dont see any posters from kodi. if i play a movie the top says now playing but still no posters. in my kodi i have all posters saved local which takes lots of work. does this app want to scrape posters from themoviedb? i dont let kodi do that. customer posters show up when i change to them but they just jump between posters no nice transition like i thought the instructions said? gets a little confusing trying to find out what things work in different versions sometimes reading the instructions.
Classic Problem with NFO files! , also other people has the same problem in the past......

People start using programs like tiny media manager and similar because the old days when the media player was like popcorn , need it a way to scan and scraping movies (poster , info , fanart , etc) , then KODI arrive and has embed or with plugins scrappers like imdb , universal media scrapper and storage the same info , poster , fanart , and all the other info embed in KODI DB , also with kodi you have all the features that you have with external editors , you can rescan a movie , change the poster , the fan art.......

Also when tiny media (or similar) create the NFO , its never updated from kodi , inside NFO you will find also how many times the movies has played , but even if you played the movie with KODI 2-3 times , the NFO stay the same , because kodi save all the info in internal DB and not in external file...............

if you try to scrap your library with KODI , kodi check the folder and found the NFO files so scrap this movie and use the info from NFO and not from internet , local scrapper......

so you need to remove this NFO files! , but if you dont want to delete then maybe you can try to go in one folder of your movies , edit the NFO file inside and delete the line about the poster path then save the NFO , force KODI to scrap this movie and see if poster display @ movienow.......if not , then i am i am afraid i cant help you , i have try to develop a solution for all this , but nothing it works KODI has embed to check first the NFO files for a poster......
Dave the Minion

Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:12 pm

i dont use any media managers to scrape my library. i never have. i use universal scraper addon in kodi. i find the art i want and put it in the movie directory so i dont have to fix it any time i need to fix my library. universal movie scraper doesnt scrape any artwork at all. it is all local. only movie info is scraped from imdb. so it that the problem?
0raid
Site Admin

Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:34 am

Dave the Minion wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:12 pm
i dont use any media managers to scrape my library. i never have. i use universal scraper addon in kodi. i find the art i want and put it in the movie directory so i dont have to fix it any time i need to fix my library. universal movie scraper doesnt scrape any artwork at all. it is all local. only movie info is scraped from imdb. so it that the problem?
did you have poster.jpg and NFO files inside movie folders?
Dave the Minion

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:52 am

i have nfo files in every directory with the movie and all artwork saved according the the kodi naming convention. kodi universal movie scraper scrapes the movie info from imdb and exports nfo file. all art is found and put there by myself. i have the app seeing kodi and changing the banner hwile i played a movie but didnt show any poster. now it doesnt find kodi again. no idea why. config settings are same as before.
0raid
Site Admin

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:56 am

Dave the Minion wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:52 am
i have nfo files in every directory with the movie and all artwork saved according the the kodi naming convention. kodi universal movie scraper scrapes the movie info from imdb and exports nfo file. all art is found and put there by myself. i have the app seeing kodi and changing the banner hwile i played a movie but didnt show any poster. now it doesnt find kodi again. no idea why. config settings are same as before.
Ok , first i need more informations , in which device you run KODI? , and also can you try something? , put one extra movie in your library , only the movie filename , without any graphics (banner , poster) inside the folder , lets say terminator (2019) folder , and filename terminator.2019.mkv , and scan with KODI , so kodi find the movie and download the poster and info and add it to your library , now try to play this movie and see if movienow shows the playing now and shows the poster.
Dave the Minion

Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:18 am

i run kodi on a windows 10 pc. the app doesnt do anything with kodi now. it did before after i tired a few times but now it doesnt again. config file has kodi ip 192.168.0.144'; and port 9090. kodi port 8080 like installation says. all settings as instructed. still nothing in app from kodi. custom poster works but no transition. but nothing from kodi works now.

Return to “General Support”