Latest Public Release (Ver 3.0) (Compatibility: Rpi Zero & Rpi1,2,3)
Current Donation Release (Ver.4.1) (Compatibility: Rpi2,3,4)

Under Development (Ver 5.0)

If you want to support the project and download donation releases , Feel free to donate any amount! (minimum 10€)

Donators Rank Level
ImageMovieNow Ver 5.0! - [Under Development]
ImageMovieNow Ver 4.1 - Donation Release Available!
Image All the orders for "Digital Poster Ready Packet" delay because the COVID-19! please be patience.
Image If you don't receive the activation Email, Please Check your Spam folder!

Installation Guide (MovieNow Ver 3.0)

Installation guide and Issues
0raid
Site Admin

Re: Installation Guide (MovieNow Ver 3.0)

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:24 pm

spawncalibur wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:38 pm
Does this not work with the Android version of Kodi? I'm trying to get it to work with the Nvidia Shield but the posters just won't appear.
Yes , but if you are using NFO for your library then you must wait for version 4.0 which support NFO for KODI Library
dysmartguy
Donator Rank *
Donator Rank *

Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:27 am

I don’t know what it is but I can’t get my raspberry Pi 3 connected to WiFi. If It’s connected wired LAN no problems but no WiFi even with setting put in correctly. Is there something else I need to do?
0raid
Site Admin

Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:40 am

dysmartguy wrote:
I don’t know what it is but I can’t get my raspberry Pi 3 connected to WiFi. If It’s connected wired LAN no problems but no WiFi even with setting put in correctly. Is there something else I need to do?
which version of movienow you run?
dysmartguy
Donator Rank *
Donator Rank *

Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:14 pm

I’m on version 3.0
spawncalibur
Donator Rank *
Donator Rank *

Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:44 pm

dysmartguy wrote:
Is your Pi 3 the B+ model? If not you need to connect to the 2.4GHz band since I think 5GHz isn't on the older version of Pi 3.
RockDawg
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:45 am

spawncalibur wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:38 pm
Does this not work with the Android version of Kodi? I'm trying to get it to work with the Nvidia Shield but the posters just won't appear.
It works with Kodi on any platform. I am running it with Kodi on a Shield. I also had problems in the beginning but it had nothing to do with Android. It was because I was using nfo files stored with my movies. I don't totally understand why they mess things up but they do. Are you storing nfo files in your movie folders?

If so, the dev has said he is making it work with nfo files in the next version I think. Or you can delete all your nfo files and re-scan your library. That worked for me.
0raid
Site Admin

Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:00 am

dysmartguy wrote:
try to change wifi channel in your router , also what encryption you have WPA2?

Use dmesg, cat /var/log/messages and cat /var/log/syslog commands. You may want to use dmesg | less or less /var/log/messages or less /var/log/syslog to get a scrollable output (use q to quit the less display).

You should see error messages about your network interfaces in those three sources.
cptprice2010

Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:32 pm

Its great to see that the app supports the Pi Zero.

I was wondering:
1) If I had to install this say like on 5 different PiZeros, how would that work? Do they need to be on the network or can they be a standalone app with custom movie posters?
2) How do you shut it down? Doesn't powering off the Pi directly from the wall corrupt the memory card?
3) If we power it on, does it automatically start with the poster display?
4) If we have all these PiZeros on the network, would it conflict with each other? Can we configure every individual Pi through the IP Address and change the posters periodically?
5) Is there a mobile app to see all the installations on the network, and be able to configure any one of them through the app itself?
0raid
Site Admin

Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:50 pm

cptprice2010 wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:32 pm
Its great to see that the app supports the Pi Zero.

I was wondering:
1) If I had to install this say like on 5 different PiZeros, how would that work? Do they need to be on the network or can they be a standalone app with custom movie posters?
2) How do you shut it down? Doesn't powering off the Pi directly from the wall corrupt the memory card?
3) If we power it on, does it automatically start with the poster display?
4) If we have all these PiZeros on the network, would it conflict with each other? Can we configure every individual Pi through the IP Address and change the posters periodically?
5) Is there a mobile app to see all the installations on the network, and be able to configure any one of them through the app itself?
1) such every raspberry has different IP , you can run as many Rpi you want....
2) you need to shutdown from the MovieNow web interface
3) yes after powerup it will start automatically to the current default view (example custom posters)
4) Rpi is take IP from your router DHCP , or you can setup manual IP on each Rpi , so you can access MovieNow web interface for every device with the IP/settings (example 192.168.1.100/settings/ , 192.168.1.101/settings)
5) you can use the app FING (ios/android) , it scans and identify all the devices in your network

you need to access every device web interface separate , but its nice idea! i will add iin the upcoming versions multi-zones devices and control it all in one single interface

Georgios
cptprice2010

Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Future Development Features
1) It would also be nice to see some kind of password protection, so that not everybody on the network can have access. I am not a developer, just an idea, 1 Main RPi server with a master password, ability to add more devices in that pool, and they pull the password from the main server. So 1 Master password to control all, just like how Mesh Wifi works, or Google Home assistants etc.
2) Ability to name every server, so that once we go on the centralised URL, we can discover and recognise each server by name (Really tedious to remember each display by IP Address).
3) Even better if we can have a Phone App.
4) Ability to Shutdown all the devices with just 1 click.
5) Wake on LAN feature enabled, so that can turn on all the devices with 1 click.
6) Can you check this out, improving the backend or web settings UI https://elements.envato.com/crovex-admi ... te-GEKRBVA

Return to “General Support”