Latest Public Release (Ver 3.0) (Compatibility: Rpi Zero & Rpi1,2,3)
Current Donation Release (Ver.4.1) (Compatibility: Rpi2,3,4)

Under Development (Ver 5.0)

If you want to support the project and download donation releases , Feel free to donate any amount! (minimum 10€)

Donators Rank Level
ImageMovieNow Ver 5.0! - [Under Development]
ImageMovieNow Ver 4.1 - Donation Release Available!
Image All the orders for "Digital Poster Ready Packet" delay because the COVID-19! please be patience.
Image If you don't receive the activation Email, Please Check your Spam folder!

Installation Guide (MovieNow Ver 3.0)

Installation guide and Issues
0raid
Site Admin

Installation Guide (MovieNow Ver 3.0)

Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:04 am

1) Download Movienow!
2) Decompress it
3) Flash the image onto your SD card. (Try "Etcher" app , it's delightfully easy to use, cross platform, and will verify the result automatically)
4) Insert the SD card to your Pi and power it up
5) For the Setup you need keyboard and mouse.
6) You need to setup the network , if you connected with LAN just plug the ethernet cable , if you want to use WIFI please follow the next steps 7-8
7) After the boot process , you will see a black window show nothing , press Ctrl + Alt + F2 (the raspi-config window is open)
8) Choose Network Options > Wi- Fi > and enter your SSID , and your wifi password
9) Open the browser in your Desktop/Laptop and go the url (movienow.local/settings/)
10) If you want to setup KODI , choose in the settings the icon of KODI

KODI
Now you need Kodi Server IP (your kodi IP , if you dont have password then you need to put only the IP - example 192.168.1.100 , if you have password then in this format username:password@192.168.1.100) , then Kodi Port (9090) is the default - dont change it! , and then you have the Dim Screen and Poster Speed Settings , then press Update Settting, dont forget to refresh your display , go in the settings > display > Refresh Poster , and you must start to see
your posters from your kodi Library , if not then you have some settings wrong!

PLEX
Important go in your PLEX settings > Network > List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth > and PUT Movienow IP, now for the Plex Setup , settings > Plex Setup , and put Plex Server IP (this is the IP of your Plex Server) , Plex Token (you must put your plex token, if you dont know how to find your plex server token please go in this url (https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articl ... Plex-Token) , then is Plex Movie Sections ( Comma Seperated ,example: 1,2,3,4) (here you need to specific your PLEX library Section Number - is number and not Text!! , then Plex Client IP (put the IP of your plex client that you want if you play a movie to change movienow display to Playing Now , then continue with the other settings , progress bar color and etc......Update settings , dont forget to refresh your display , go in the settings > display > Refresh Poster , and select from the VIEW Plex! , and after 15-30 seconds you must see your posters!
Dave the Minion

Re: Installation Guide (MovieNow Ver 3.0)

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:12 am

followed these directions but can't access the web browser. i think some steps are missing? need to reboot pi after entering wifi info for example.
0raid
Site Admin

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:19 am

Dave the Minion wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:12 am
followed these directions but can't access the web browser. i think some steps are missing? need to reboot pi after entering wifi info for example.
after WIFI settings normally don't need reboot - but its better to do it!

also is recommended to download in your phone the app FING (is available for IOS and ANDROID) , so you can scan your network and see if raspberry has get IP and if its online
Dave the Minion

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:53 am

figured it out. had wrong network password. silly me
0raid
Site Admin

Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:23 am

Dave the Minion wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:53 am
figured it out. had wrong network password. silly me
no worries! :) glad that you figured it out!
ae0705t
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:18 pm

Plex movie sections?

I believe I installed it with the default in there ... and everything seems to be working fine. But not sure what I should put there. Can you explain in more detail what I should be doing in this area? Thank you!
0raid
Site Admin

Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:51 pm

ae0705t wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:18 pm
Plex movie sections?

I believe I installed it with the default in there ... and everything seems to be working fine. But not sure what I should put there. Can you explain in more detail what I should be doing in this area? Thank you!
"Plex Movie Section" is the section number (Example: 2) of your library! * it must be a number and not a name *

check this link to find your plex library number.

https://forums.plex.tv/t/cant-find-sect ... /120968/12
hunkyn

Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:00 am

I am using wifi do i need to do anything else besides providing my SSID details? in the past i had to change something in config file? is that still the case?

I don’t see movienow in my network list so clarifying?

Nevermind, i figured out the issue
0raid
Site Admin

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:18 am

hunkyn wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:00 am
I am using wifi do i need to do anything else besides providing my SSID details? in the past i had to change something in config file? is that still the case?

I don’t see movienow in my network list so clarifying?

Nevermind, i figured out the issue
only wifi! from version 3.0 you can do all the settings from web interface , no more manual change files.
spawncalibur
Donator Rank *
Donator Rank *

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Does this not work with the Android version of Kodi? I'm trying to get it to work with the Nvidia Shield but the posters just won't appear.

Return to “General Support”