Latest Public Release (Ver 3.0) (Compatibility: Rpi Zero & Rpi1,2,3)
Current Donation Release (Ver.4.1) (Compatibility: Rpi2,3,4)

Under Development (Ver 5.0)

If you want to support the project and download donation releases , Feel free to donate any amount! (minimum 10€)

Donators Rank Level
ImageMovieNow Ver 5.0! - [Under Development]
ImageMovieNow Ver 4.1 - Donation Release Available!
Image All the orders for "Digital Poster Ready Packet" delay because the COVID-19! please be patience.
Image If you don't receive the activation Email, Please Check your Spam folder!

FTP Help

Installation guide and Issues
Jonboy2404

FTP Help

Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:38 pm

New to movienow and love it. I now want to cycle my fav posters in the custom posters section. Could someone post an FTP tutorial to upload my own posters. Trying to connect to the pi IP using pi and movienow as login and it can't connect. Step by step would be useful. Thanks in advance.

Ps. Anyone know why Kodi mode doesn't fill full screen (about 2-3 inches from the bottom) but custom and Plex fill the screen
trowhill
Donator Rank *
Donator Rank *

Re: FTP Help

Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:32 pm

To connect via FTP using filezilla but any FTP program should work, use your movienow ip address, username - pi and password - movienow.

and as Alexrig corrected me on, use SFTP,

SFTP://yourmovienowip

Banners, and custom posters are located in /var/www/html. When you FTP you will be in /home/pi , click on .. two times to get to root, you will find var there.

I recommend using FTP only for copying banners and posters and other graphics, not for making changes to linux or movienow.
I will post another article about how to change the timezone and weather settings. - https://www.movienowapp.de/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=150
Last edited by trowhill on Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AlexRig
Site Admin

Re: FTP Help

Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Jonboy2404 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:38 pm
New to movienow and love it. I now want to cycle my fav posters in the custom posters section. Could someone post an FTP tutorial to upload my own posters. Trying to connect to the pi IP using pi and movienow as login and it can't connect. Step by step would be useful. Thanks in advance.

Ps. Anyone know why Kodi mode doesn't fill full screen (about 2-3 inches from the bottom) but custom and Plex fill the screen
you must select SFTP protocol and not FTP......

Return to “General Support”