Latest Public Release (Ver 3.0) (Compatibility: Rpi Zero & Rpi1,2,3)
Current Donation Release (Ver.4.1) (Compatibility: Rpi2,3,4)

Under Development (Ver 5.0)

If you want to support the project and download donation releases , Feel free to donate any amount! (minimum 10€)

Donators Rank Level
ImageMovieNow Ver 5.0! - [Under Development]
ImageMovieNow Ver 4.1 - Donation Release Available!
Image All the orders for "Digital Poster Ready Packet" delay because the COVID-19! please be patience.
Image If you don't receive the activation Email, Please Check your Spam folder!

RPi4 Noob Question

Installation guide and Issues
Mr_D
Donator Rank ***
Donator Rank ***

RPi4 Noob Question

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:27 pm

Well we're off to the races I guess, like jumping into the deep end of the pool when I belong in the kiddie pool.

I picked up the following today at Best Buy;

1) Cana PI4 Starter Max Kit
2) Micro HDMI to HDMI Adapter
3) 4K HDMI Cable

Already have;
1) USB Keyboard
2) Wireless Mouse (USB Doggle)
3) Dell P2415Q Monitor (23.8" Ultra HD) can rotate to portrait.

All this will be used for my proof of concept working at my desk.

I think the Cana PI4 Starter Max Kit comes with RPI software already loaded on the 64GB MicroSD card, do I use this or the MovieNow download file for initial startup?

Dennis
Mr_D
Donator Rank ***
Donator Rank ***

Re: RPi4 Noob Question

Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:54 pm

I got the Raspberry PI4 up and running, that was pretty easy. Standing by for my MovieNow download so I can re-image the SD card.
flatblackratrod
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:37 pm

Just an FYI I don't believe that the raspberry pi 4 is officially supported. I believe that there is supposed to be support once version 5.0 drops. It would be interesting to see what results you get with the install. I believe I have read of others on the forum trying it but don't remember the ultimate result.

This is wonderful software so I just didn't want you to get frustrated if your initial rpi4 testing was less than optimal. Last I had seen the creator 0raid was having personal family issues so understandably the progress on v5.0 has slowed.
michael.leister
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:41 pm

I have mine running on the Rasberry Pi 4 and it works perfectly!

I am having trouble understanding how to delete any old posters and such that I do not want. Can anyone explain to me how to access the files to delete posters? I have access to the pis through my phone and they are hooked to the internet.
flatblackratrod
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:02 am

I use an app on my phone called raspcontroller it has ads but I think it works great for accessing files. The posters live in the location in the attached image (/var/www/HTML/custom). You should be able to delete and add as needed. I know you can use ftp programs on a PC to access files as well but I don't have enough experience to recommend one.
Attachments
Capture+_2020-07-02-19-57-27.png
Capture+_2020-07-02-19-57-27.png (202.38 KiB) Viewed 1113 times
Mr_D
Donator Rank ***
Donator Rank ***

Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:21 am

Now that I have this gizmo up and running next up is to have a friend of mine make a frame and get it on the wall. So that leads me to what's next which I guess is to access the program and interact with it.

What should I use in the way of a keyboard and mouse? If I understand the Pi4 it supports both Bluetooth and wireless USB. I have never been a fan of a mouse pad on a keyboard (think laptop), like a mouse in my hand.

What do you guys use?
flatblackratrod
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:45 pm

For some of the initial setup I used just a normal USB Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. However after the initial setup I don't use anything but the web browser interface.
michael.leister
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:19 pm

flatblackratrod wrote:
I use an app on my phone called raspcontroller it has ads but I think it works great for accessing files. The posters live in the location in the attached image (/var/www/HTML/custom). You should be able to delete and add as needed. I know you can use ftp programs on a PC to access files as well but I don't have enough experience to recommend one.
I use apple and do not see the raspcontroller application available for my phone. Are there any iPhone users out there that can tell me an easy way (step by step since I am new to this all) to use an application on the iPhone and how to locate the files to delete the ones that I do not want to display?

I will be posting pictures soon and I am super excited. My frames are built for both of my posters and they are being painted now!

THanks for the help!
tomoffel
Donator Rank *
Donator Rank *

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:47 pm

michael.leister wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:19 pm
flatblackratrod wrote:
I use apple and do not see the raspcontroller application available for my phone. Are there any iPhone users out there that can tell me an easy way (step by step since I am new to this all) to use an application on the iPhone and how to locate the files to delete the ones that I do not want to display?

I will be posting pictures soon and I am super excited. My frames are built for both of my posters and they are being painted now!

THanks for the help!
https://www.movienowapp.de/viewtopic.ph ... t=60#p1215
Mr_D
Donator Rank ***
Donator Rank ***

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:27 pm

flatblackratrod wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:45 pm
For some of the initial setup I used just a normal USB Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. However after the initial setup I don't use anything but the web browser interface.
Ok someone throw me a bone, what is the "web browser interface"?

Return to “General Support”