Latest Public Release (Ver 3.0) (Compatibility: Rpi Zero & Rpi1,2,3)
Current Donation Release (Ver.4.1) (Compatibility: Rpi2,3,4)

Under Development (Ver 5.0)

If you want to support the project and download donation releases , Feel free to donate any amount! (minimum 10€)

Donators Rank Level
ImageMovieNow Ver 5.0! - [Under Development]
ImageMovieNow Ver 4.1 - Donation Release Available!
Image All the orders for "Digital Poster Ready Packet" delay because the COVID-19! please be patience.
Image If you don't receive the activation Email, Please Check your Spam folder!

Motion Posters for MovieNow 4.1

Download and share your movie posters for MovieNow
flatblackratrod
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Re: Motion Posters for MovieNow 4.1

Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:52 pm

bennyhanna wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:44 pm
Thanks to the creator for this excellent program...
I just found about about this and I'm awaiting my rpi to get this assembled.

Anyway...I'm pretty active in the Kodi forum creating motion posters for Movies and
TV Shows. There is a standard dimension and file format we stick to there because
of the limitations of Kodi.

Being that this is a separate beast...

What are the formats that MovieNow accepts?
(i.e. gif, mp4, h265, webp, etc.)

Would others be interested in larger scale HQ motion posters?
...if so what format would be preferred?
...what dimensions would be preferred?
...is file size a big issue?
I am thinking there will be interest as I know there a couple of threads pertaining to motion posters and the biggest complaint being people not able to find hi res examples.
I know the gif format works as I have gotten a couple of low res examples to work but not sure about other formats. I personally would love to have a motion posters folder but like others can't find good hi resolution on the internet and don't have the ability to create for myself/the community.
randybw1
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:19 pm

Would love to this this added also.
bennyhanna

Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:27 pm

The .gif format does not offer higher resolution it will always be 256 colors...the best option is most likely .webp

example .webp poster 2000x2852, of course it doesn't have to be those dimensions

flatblackratrod
Donator Rank **
Donator Rank **

Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:57 am

bennyhanna wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:27 pm
The .gif format does not offer higher resolution it will always be 256 colors...the best option is most likely .webp

example .webp poster 2000x2852, of course it doesn't have to be those dimensions
That file format appears to work great. Not the most smooth on the animation but I am assuming that is a hardware limitation rather than the file format. I have my posters set to change pretty quickly so that may have something to do with it. The animation seemed to smooth out the longer it was on.

Fantastic looking poster by the way even if I'm not familiar with the content. I would love to have more of these!

After some digging I found the Kodi forums you were referring to and in turn your DeviantArt page. You do some fantastic work!!! There are so many of them that I (and probably others) would love to have in the larger format.
20200820_224016-1.jpg
20200820_224016-1.jpg (759.2 KiB) Viewed 1470 times
Bryantcarter

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:20 pm

I just stumbled on this thread and it would be amazing to have high resolution motion posters. I hope this is something that will move forward.
KaraokeAmerica

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:44 pm

bennyhanna wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:44 pm
Anyway...I'm pretty active in the Kodi forum creating motion posters for Movies and
TV Shows. There is a standard dimension and file format we stick to there because
of the limitations of Kodi.
Do you have any examples of how this is used in Kodi? Do you have a link to your thread there?

Return to “Movie Posters”